by Cherie Carter-Scott
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or
hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal
school called, "life."
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of
trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments
are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will
be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it.
When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that
doesn't contain its lessons. If you're alive, that means there
are still lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better a place than "here."
When your "there" has become a "here", you
will simply obtain another "there" that will again look
better than "here."
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or
hate something about another person unless it reflects to you
something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools
and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The
choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions
lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.